The Reid & Wise Environmental and Energy practice conducts a cross-border practice in regulatory compliance, permitting and licensing, clean energy, carbon trading, climate change, and health and safety at various levels and locations across the US and P.R China. Our attorneys have diverse backgrounds in industry, government and private practice and understand the special regulatory landscape of cross-border environmental issues. We are supportive of our clients’ strategic and budgetary objectives, and frequently engaged by clients to advise them how best to conduct their operations to avoid enforcement and litigation and to accomplish their business goals overseas. In all cases, our backgrounds enable our group to offer practical insight and creative solutions in helping to resolve a broad array of environmental, health, and safety issues faced by our clients.
Experiences of Our Attorneys:
- Advised on Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) projects and negotiated the first Emission Reduction Purchase Agreement (ERPA) for a biomass power plant in China.
- Advised Chinese pesticide producers on EPA license and permit application and regulatory compliance.
- Advised US waste disposal companies on license application and renewal with Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of the People’ Republic of China.
- Advised Climate Exchanges and Carbon Funds on emission reduction standards and rules for international carbon trading projects.
- Advised US clean energy companies on Chinese laws and policies and conducted due diligence on potential Chinese business partners.
For up-to-date information and perspectives on US and China environmental and energy law, please visit Reid & Wise’ resource center at www.uslawconsult.com.