EB-5 Investment Litigation
Reid & Wise LLC: EB-5 Litigators With A Proven Track Record
Reid & Wise has a broad-based commercial litigation practice with an unparalleled depth of experience litigating EB-5 investor immigration cases. Reid & Wise’s foremost goal is to serve the clients’ interests as efficiently and effectively as possible. To that end, we have achieved results for our clients through negotiated resolutions as well as through Court Orders obtained in the litigation process.
Among its many successes are the following:
- R&W filed suit on behalf of 9 investors in one project resulting in an agreement by the defendants to repay the investors $560,000 each, representing their full investments plus administrative fees.
- R&W successfully secured a Court Order on behalf of an EB-5 investor directing the project executives to personally appear at a bank on a given date and time to give the client a full refund of his investment.
- R&W represented two EB-5 investors who invested $1 million in a manufacturing company. After the company refused to return any of its investors’ funds. Reid & Wise served a copy of a complaint that it was prepared to file, along with a demand that the investors’ funds be returned. As a result of these efforts, Reid & Wise’s two clients were the first investors to receive a full refund of their investments.
- R&W successfully represented two EB-5 investors in negotiating a buyout of their investments in a distressed project.
- R&W currently represents groups of investors in several projects under SEC receivership and, in that role, actively monitors the status of the projects and is in regular communications with the receivers.
The head of the firm’s litigation practice is Matthew Sava, a New York City litigator with twenty-years combined experience at Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP and litigation firm Shapiro, Forman, Allen & Sava LLP. Also leading the firm’s litigation practice is Shiyong Ye, the firm’s managing partner, known for his innovative approach to structuring settlements and litigating cross-border lawsuits.
Reid & Wise LLC is located at One Penn Plaza, 250 W. 34th Street, 20th Floor, New York, New York. The firm also has a Ministry-of-Justice approved Representative Office in Shanghai. The firm can be contacted at +1 (212) 858-9968 (New York), and +86 (021)6071-5320.