Shiyong Reid Ye
Capital Market, Merger & Acquisition, Business Immigration, International Trade, Securities Litigation, Cross-border Litigation, Tax, China-related Practice
Michigan State University College of Law, J.D.
Texas Tech University, M.A.
Guizhou University College of Law, LL.B.
Chinese Business Lawyers’ Association, Board Member
|Managing Member, New York
Shiyong Ye’s practice focuses on cross-border litigation, Capital market, Merger & Acquisition, and business immigration.
Before joining REID & WISE LLC, Mr. Ye worked at Murray Frank LLP, King & Wood Law Firm (Beijing), Chicago Climate Exchange, US Environmental Protection Agency, and Crone & Rozynko LLP. Mr. Ye has advised a range of clients on corporate securities, merger and acquisition, and environmental and energy matters. His clients include investors, power grids, electric generation, oil and gas, carbon funds, offset providers, manufacturers, and industry coalitions. He also has handled general corporate matters, SEC filings, and EPA registration.
Mr. Ye’s business immigration practice focuses on EB-5 investment immigration and EB-1(c) multinational executives or managers immigration. Mr. Ye has advised individual immigrant investors, multinational corporations, and regional centers on issues regarding US securities law, immigration law, and corporate law, as well as related Chinese laws and regulations.
Selected Transactions and Cases
M&A and Financing
– Advised China Oilfield Services Co., Ltd. to set up a joint venture-Atlantis Deepwater Orient Ltd. -with Atlantic Deep Sea Drilling Ltd., Inc.
– Advised State Grid Corp. and National Bio Energy Co., LTD in project financing under CDM mechanism.
– Advised China Natural Gas, Inc. reverse merger (Nasdaq: CHNG)
– Advised Beijing Industry Co. Ltd in Acquiring American Fortune Company
– Advised on Jiangmen Huixing reverse merger in the US
– Advised Aviation company in China in acquiring Hawker Beechcraft Corporation.
– Advised BSTC in acquiring OSC Technologies.
– Advise New Sega Home Textile to set up Sino-foreign joint venture
Litigation and Arbitration
– Represented Wal-Mart in arbitration against contractor in Dalian, China
– Represented Sony in product liability litigation in Beijing
– Represented plaintiffs in class action against Facebook
– Represented Shenzhen Fenda in litigation against Altec Lansing in the federal court
– Represented Chinese investors in investment related litigations in the US federal courts and state courts
– Represented multiple Chinese trading companies in contract disputes with US companies
EB-5 Investment Due Diligence
– Participated in numerous EB-5 projects due diligence investigations.